Yaya Touré announces retirement from international football

Yaya Touré has made an official statement announcing his retirement from international football with the Ivory Coast.
33-year-old Touré has called time on a long international career, in which he made over 100 appearances and scored 19 goals. He captained the Ivory Coast to their first African Cup of Nations win since 1992 in 2015.

His exploits for both club and country have led to him being African Footballer of the Year on four occasions.
Yaya’s official statement reads: 

“Writing this note was probably ‘the most difficult match of my life’. After 14 years at the highest level, I’m sure this is the right time for me! The fact that I am 33 now, the intensity of training and the multitude of games are not the reasons why I am making this decision.”
Share on Google Plus
    Facebook Comment
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment