How do I tell my girls daddy won't see them grow up?' TV actress Holly Matthews'


Ross is a hands-on dad to his two daughters Texas and Brooke
From the moment I met Ross, eight years ago, there was an instant spark. Literally the next day I left Essex to move in with him in Coventry.

I’m an actress – I played Emma Miller in Byker Grove for seven years – and Ross’s dad is ex-Aston Villa player Andy Blair, so we come from similar worlds. We’re so close, his friends even call us ‘Rolly’.

Three years later, our daughter Brooke was born and we got married when she was 11 months. We wanted to do it our way and didn’t tell a soul – we just had two witnesses at Coventry registry office. I wore a white hoodie with a red dress and Ross wore his dad’s old football shirt from his Sheffield Wednesday days. Afterwards, we went for a cuppa and a scone. No fuss, just us.

Our family was complete when our second daughter Texas was born in February 2013. Ross was a brilliant, hands-on dad. He suffered low moods, though, and had been prescribed anti-depressants when Brooke was six months old. He had days when he was snappy or withdrawn, and in December 2013 he became increasingly depressed and tired, falling asleep during the day.
 
Holly and Ross on their wedding day
Share on Google Plus
    Facebook Comment
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment