Exclusive: Victoria Kimani dishes out on her first ever Swahili song ‘Gota’

Victoria Kimani has released her first ever Swahili song ‘Gota’ and the reaction is tremendous. We linked up with her and she dishes out on the first single of her forthcoming album, Safari. 
1. Was it easy or difficult for you to sing in Swahili?
I think initially it was easy, but because of the pronunciation and saying or the words correctly it became difficult. Also I was not only singing in Swahili, it was also a bit of Sheng, so it was little difficult. 

2. Why did it take so long for you to record in Swahili?
It took me a while to sing or record a song in Swahili because most of the time I do most of my recording outside of Kenya, outside of East Africa, So I didn’t have anyone to help me translate into Swahili. Again, it’s not my first language, I did not grow up speaking Swahili, my first language is English so it took me a while because I had to get back home and perfect it. I didn’t want just put out Swahili song that it doesn’t make sense. 

3. Who helped you in writing the lyrics and how was the process?
My good friend Abbas, he helped translate my lyrics to Swahili, shout out to Abbas Kubuff from Kenya. 

4. Should we expect more Swahili songs from now on?
It’s possible, you never know, it’s very possible.
Listen to Victoria Kimani speaking on the song below:
Share on Google Plus
    Facebook Comment
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment